Thursday, May 5, 2016

1927



1927  

     What a shell! This ones quite wonderful with its form so natural and organic. Reminds me of the female form in a way. Those curves that wrap itself around with only its surrounding to give it change during time. All of these forms I have been photographing including these shells as well as Vegetables and nudes. There is such beauty in all of these shapes and forms, you can get a sense of movement and texture throughout the photographs. It all has a feeling of the world as a smaller piece of itself. I can start seeing more relatable comparisons with these works and the nature of landscape around me. I can see my inspiration coming through from the paintings I've come across, which are very profound to me during this time. They are taking such a long time as the way I have them set up, although the payoff is so amazing. Hours of waiting have me stressed at times and the process has me left with no joy in some tries if it is even slightly touched. My set up and the process put into this are very outstanding for each and I hope to see them come to life soon as a whole. There is no getting around it which I feel like it has its own meaning and symbolism towards the beauty in this world. These nautilus, which I have only first encountered in those paintings by Henry, have something that is just completely inspiring to me, I will follow this with more vegetables and nudes to see how each compare.


Maddow, Ben. Edward Weston: His Life. New York: Aperture, 1989.


No comments:

Post a Comment