Thursday, May 5, 2016

1937


1937


Like I have mentioned before, the tree's have given their own life in the work and its form is phenomenal. It has such beauty and resembles life itself. As I composition this image, disregarding what I have learned from all the books and the history of rules in this subject, I capture what I am truly seeing in this photograph. It is no longer just a tree, but instead, focus on the curves of the form and removing any other details that will sway the eyes. Its wonder and my approach seem to coincide into some of the other work I have been pushing forward with. The resemblance of the beauty of the body gives this tree its own title as the viewer can see the hips and the curve of the body this tree is mimicking. Or shall it be that we ourselves are mimicking the tree.


Danly, Susan, and Weston J. Naef. Edward Weston in Los Angeles. San Marino, CA:
Huntington Library, Art Collections, 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment